Sunday, November 22, 2009

Are you ready?

Lovely loyal readers, Thanksgiving is in a scant four days!  Before we know it we'll have a Hot Toddy in one hand and scissors in the other--for wrapping presents of course.  Despite my sometimes harried existence at this time of year, the holiday season is what I live for.  I love the holly, the reindeer, the ho ho ho-ing (cute husband does a freakishly good "ho ho ho"), the gift-wrapping and giving, the baking, and the overall sense of love and joy in the air once the day finally arrives.  You know the Kingston Trio song that goes, "Why can't we have Christmas / the whole year around?"  Well that's me.  If there is a heaven, I hope it's just the feeling of the Christmas season all of the time.

We put up our Christmas tree (and about 4 others boxes worth of Christmas decor--yes, I have a problem) this weekend, the computer has been loaded with Christmas tunes, and despite the less than desirable warm weather in these parts, I'm starting to feel the spirit seeping in.  Yes, I know we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet, but I've been holding this in since Halloween people!

And look what we found at our local Trader Joe's.

My mom always wraps up a box of these for me each Christmas, but they're the Crate & Barrel kind that cost upwards of $20.  The TJ's kind are just $6 and oh so yummy!  I think it's a more than necessary snack for a budding writer to nibble upon as she sits at her computer desk during the holiday season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails