Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Graduation weekend 2011

On Sunday afternoon the man becomes...well, the man just continues to be a man in a bad job market, but anyway, we've decided to ignore those earthly worries for one weekend only and celebrate the end of law school!!! 

It's been grand Williamsburg, Virginia--I'll carry the colonial spirit, or at the very least, the reenactment of that spirit, wherever I go.  It was this time of year three years ago when Corey and I (then just engaged) traveled here to see if William & Mary Law was the one.  The weather was perfect (as it is today), the town was peaceful (we didn't go into the Colonial Foundation section), the dean at the law school talked about the Buffalo Bills with Corey, and the rest is history.   

This Sunday around 2 we'll be gathered by the lake cheering as Corey walks across the stage.  From tortured writer who went to peace rallies in Boston, MA, to small town newspaper reporter, and now to esquire, cute husband has come a long way.

To say I'm proud is an understatement--I've been the one true witness to everything he's had to do these last three years, and I can tell you it's not for the faint of heart.  And despite the fact that legal work is hard to come by these days, I remind myself as often as I can that it's not just about getting a job, it's about doing good work, helping the world in some meaningful way, no matter how small, and I have not a single doubt that Corey will be doing that soon, and in spades.

To relax a little as we wind down here and prepare for loved ones to arrive for the big weekend ahead, I've been setting up photo shoots in my dining room where the light is good around 3pm...and today it was lemons. 




Thanks for reading about our journey thus far, and I hope you'll come along with me to the next thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails